Re: head lamps

To: dmeadow@juno.com, WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: head lamps
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:24:39 EST
In a message dated 3/8/02 8:40:40 AM Pacific Standard Time, dmeadow@juno.com
writes:

> a former SCCA MG Midget with huge fender flares and flat
> body-colored blanks on the headlight holes.  The car was all white and
> after a tounge-lashing by Jack (or one of his Techs, I don't recall) the
> individual was allowed to race, but required to put silver duct tape on
> his headlight blanks to make them look more like headlights and black
> duct tape on the flares to minimize them.  Although that sounds hokey,
> some of the pictures I got later showed it to be relatively effective.

We can  be creative when a new driver is willing to learn and cooperate. We
never send anyone home for things of this nature but may do what might seem
silly to some. Making someone tape over an open hole or duct to an oil cooler
may sound hokey, but the intent is to make the car look "period correct".  I
am very sensitive about proper appearance. Some might call it "anal". There
have just been too many times when a car shows up on the cover of a major
publication with open holes where the headlights should be. I hate it!

Jack Woehrle