Re: head lamps

To: tomph@mchsi.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: head lamps
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 22:59:57 EST
In a message dated 3/7/02 9:35:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, tomph@mchsi.com
writes:

> '67 Datsun roadster racer for HSR/SVRA and was wondering if
> have to put the glass headlamps on it or can I just close over the headlamp
> holes with a domed pieces of metal. Any direction here from Jack or others
> in the know?

To run in Group 3 SVRA we encourage taped real headlights. We will accept
contoured covers but not open holes or flat plates.

The background is this: until 1971 SCCA required headlights to be in place
and taped. Starting in 1972, the headlight glass had to be removed. The
resulting openings could then be used for ducting air. Even then there had to
be a contoured cover or contoured screen.

jw