Re: Winch cable support

To: Ted Rodgers <Rodgers356@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Winch cable support
From: Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 07:19:56 -0600
Ted- An easy, inexpensive way to do this would be to go to your local plastics
supply house and buy a scrap piece of UHMWPE (ultra high molecular weight
polyethylene) It has great wear characteristics, it's light, and comes in white
and black to match a checkered flag floor. It doesn't have to be any thicker
than 1/8", since it doesn't see significant abuse, and you can chamfer the
leading and trailing edges with a router. Screw it down with drywall screws
after countersinking the holes, and (if it's black) no one will know how it's
attached. Quick, easy, efficient, and inexpensive. Jsut my .02
Mark Haynes
RMVR #162