Re: Speed Differentials

To: Mark Palmer <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Speed Differentials
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:18:04 -0500
I wasn't going to post again - but I will . . . quickly.

You know those signs on highway rigs "If you can't see my mirrors - I can't see
you"?  Well its basically the same racing.  When I'm racing my Atlantic with
TransAm cars etc I get out to one side - in their mirror field of view - I make
sure they have every opportunity to see me before I think of passing - and I
don't even think of banzi passes down the inside of big cars - the lost prize
money wouldn't even replace one decal.

Regarding being visible - my spare nose is bright yellow [the car's dull red] -
I call it my enduro nose and I use it for mixed grid enduros.

Derek