Masten Gregory's stunts

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Masten Gregory's stunts
From: Karim.Marouf@cancom.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:38:44 -0800
Is it really true that Masten Gregory would jump out of his cars whenever he
lost control? I keep reading these stories about him doing that, but I can't
see how it's possible to jump out of a spinning car.

I doubt that he ever did. Probably he just got thrown out of a car once and
maybe joked that he'd purposely jumped, and ever since people have kept
repeating the story without stopping to question how it could be possible.
Nevertheless, I find it astounding how fearless the guy was. He took so many
chances and had so many huge accidents. He used up more than just his nine
lives. Ironic that he'd die years later in a plane crash.

Karim
Santa Monica, CA