Re: Simon and heated garage floors

To: Tombread@aol.com
Subject: Re: Simon and heated garage floors
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 15:01:59 -0800
This is starting to resemble the scene in "Jaws" where Richard Dreyfuss and
the crusty boat captain start comparing shark bites ("I've got that beat!")

OK, it wasn't cold, but how about dropping the front suspension on an old
Chevy on your back in a gravel driveway? It had one of those hidden nuts
you can only turn 1/12 of a turn at a time, and it had to travel at least
an inch on fine threads. That one rated a 9 on my pain-in-the-ass-o-meter.
I hate gravel driveways even more than cold concrete.

How about doing an oil change in the paddock at Thunder Hill during a truly
blinding dust storm? Gack! that was the time I sheared a tooth off a disty
drive gear, changed the oil out of paranoia, and put in the spare gear I so
thoughtfully had with me. That day, about the only way to avoid eating about
a pound of dust was to put on your helmet!

BTW, how did MY name get attached to this thread? I don't EVER want to live
someplace I have to have a heated garage floor...

;=)