Re: Simon and heated garage floors

To: ckchapel@fast.net, JELehman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Simon and heated garage floors
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:48:36 EST
In a message dated 1/6/00 12:48:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ckchapel@fast.net writes:

<<  I remember changing the clutch master cyl and slave cyl and bleeding the
system on my '61 Morgan while lying on my tonneau cover under the car while
it was parked outside  >>
This could initiate a new thread entitled My Most Miserable Experience Making
A Repair.
 I remember taking the entire front suspension off an MGA parts car so my MGA
race car could have front disc brakes and a new king pin, in February, lying
on the dirt floor of a horse barn, with nothing but a flashlight to show me
what I was doing.  It took days since I couldn't stand the cold for more than
a half hour.  Naturally every nut was rusted and frozen solid, invisible,
unreachable.  And I had very little clue as to what The Right Way Of Doing It
was.

My second choice would be having to retap the bottom end cap stud hole on an
MGB connecting rod that I cross threaded in the paddock, and spending the
next four hours under the car in the rain retapping the hole so I could get
back on the track.  Mercifully I don't remember what I did to mess up in the
first place-- probably giving the bearing a cautionary look because oil
pressure was a bit low.  "If it aint't broke...don't."

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative Communications Services
800.635.7449