Re: Flex hose

To: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Flex hose
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:54:39 -0800
2 suggestions: There is a sleeve you can put over the braided hose that
is fire-retardant. The Pegasus catalog calls it a "fire proof sleeve",
but we all know nothing is really fire proof. It's braided fiberglass
covered by Silicone. You are supposed to make up one end of the hose
then cut a piece of fire sleeve to the right length, slip it on, then
fit the other hose end.

You could also use poly spiral wrap like on wire bundles, but that's
less secure and more flammable. In a couple of areas where I commonly
reach, I used split rubber tubing to protect me from the braid, but
in most other areas, I didn't bother. I know the (ouch) feeling.