Re: vintage racing and aluminum interiors

To: tshirley@voyageronline.net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: vintage racing and aluminum interiors
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:57:16 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-29 22:27:43 EDT, tshirley@voyageronline.net writes:

<<
 My point in this discussion is, Safety First, period. If the cars can be
 made safer, it should be an allowable modification. If a group wants to
 ensure that the mods are not performance enhancing, make rules. You
 can't see the interior panels from trackside as the cars pass by at
 racing speeds anyway.   >>

I agree safety is first. Someone said that modern seats are frowned
upon - is that true??? It is not safe to use an old stock
seat with no place for seatbelts to run or a headrest. I just
put a Kirkey Aluminum seat in my "RS" even though it's
heavier than the Sparcos I had. I did a safety mod that
added weight - which someone doubted is ever done.
Are added roll bars frowned upon too?

Regards, Mike Piera  '72 911S Targa,  '73 911 Carrera RS clone

AnalogMike@aol.com

Analog Man Vintage Guitars  http://members.aol.com/AnalogMike/stock.htm