Alabama titles

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Alabama titles
From: JSGREBE <JSGREBE@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:57:05 EST
Hi guys,

All this talk about Alabama titles brings me out of the woodwork!
My Mini Cooper S race car came with a SCCA log book and an
Alabama title. I was able to easily transfer it over to a Missouri
title at the DMV. All they required was the Alabama registration,
a Missouri VIN verification and $$$$$$$. My understanding is that
there are auto dealers in Alabama that will register a car and sell
it back to you (paper work transaction) for a fee. This can be done
since older cars ( sorry, I don't know the year cutoff) only need to
be registerd and do not require a title. You can the take this registration
to your home state for transfer for a title.

Jeff Grebe
St.Louis, Mo.