Re: Alabama titles

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Alabama titles
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:31:01 PST
[from JSGREBE]

>there are auto dealers in Alabama that will register a car and sell
>it back to you (paper work transaction) for a fee. This can be done
>since older cars ( sorry, I don't know the year cutoff) only need to
>be registerd and do not require a title. You can the take this registration
>to your home state for transfer for a title.

The details:

Broadway Title
3501 4th Ave
Birmingham AL 35222
1-800-464-3222

They advertise every week in Old Cars Weekly.  Cost is $150, the only
requirement is you must sign an affadavit swearing you own the vehicle
in question and did not steal it..;-)    The cutoff is something like
1982 and older.

Yes, the rural south has definite advantages in some areas.

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC   Web Site - http://www.norcal-saac.org
Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com 67 GT500 & Shelby T-A coupe/ 71 Boss 351