Titles/insurance etc...

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Titles/insurance etc...
From: Eoriu 8 <Eoriu8@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:43:24 EST
This isn't really all that complicated............I don't know about the rest
of the world but in Calif. there are only a few choices.
If you have a purpose built race car such as a formula ford,you don't need a
title from the state and they would not give you one anyway.. This is a good
thing! Any opportuinity to not deal with the DMV is always a good thing!  You
can insure it with J.C. Taylor for loss while NOT racing..i.e. fire, theft....
I have had several race cars insured with them for years. An it is also very
cheap.
If you have a production based race car you have 3 choices. 1. don't title it.
Use it only as a race car never to be driven on the street ( again , no
DMV)......2.Title and register it. Now it can be also driven on the street and
you also  get to have another DMV experience .Or 3, get a "title only".This is
just like #1 except that you "officaly " own it and can "offically " sell it..
Some people are happier when things are offical.. But again, a title is not
needed to insure it as a race car.
Now excuse me , I'm going to get my untitled, insured race car ready Sears
Point......Eoriu......