Re: Why go halfway? / secret stuff

To: fiatplus@aol.com (Fiat Plus)
Subject: Re: Why go halfway? / secret stuff
From: Chris Harwood <harwooc@gov.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 97 13:14:00 -0500
>On 24 Jan 97 at 14:07, DOUG WILSON wrote:
>
>>> there was a tube, what appeared to be an open
>>> length of brakeline, sticking up through the cowl grille in front of the
>>> passenger side windscreen, and that side of the windscreen had residue of a
>>> spray coming from the area of the tube.
>
>Hey you tech inspectors- would any of you consider such an arrangement legal
in
>vintage?
>
>rg

Another thought on the mysterious tube. Could it be that the tube is
strangely located fuel vent. Fuel vents are legal in modern and vintage
but the placing sounds strange. As a tech inspector I would be looking
for end of the tube. If it wasn't a proper fuel vent (with a valve) then
it should go to a catch tank. The "residue of a spray" makes one wonder
even more.

Chris Harwood
70-Europa-S2 Typ54