Re: [TR] More on valve adjusting

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Peter C
Subject: Re: [TR] More on valve adjusting
From: <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:04:12 -0700
---- Peter C <peter@nosimport.com> wrote:

>          I have been most successful by using a Go-NoGo technique.
>           If the clearance should be .015" then a .014: will "Go" and
> a .016" will "No-Go".  Eliminates the "feel" factor.

Back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and I was a VW technician, the go/no-go
gauge was a standard tool in my toolbox.  I had a handy blade holder that
contained the two most popular sizes - no muss, no fuss.

See this item:
<http://www.amazon.com/Go-No-Go-Feeler-Gauge-004-027/dp/B000HI9E7U>

Jeff Scarbrough
Spitfires and a TR6 (and a VW, too)