Re: [TR] manifold studs

To: Tom Note <tom628@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] manifold studs
From: jar@aldermanroad.net
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 21:50:01 -0500
Tom:
I would keep the original studs.  Get a stud puller (a special device
that is used with a 1/2" drive breaker bar) and hold the stud with this
while breaking the nut loose.  You can also use a hacksaw and cut the
nut parallel to the shaft of the stud then use a cold chisel to split it
the rest of the way.  And don't use any loctite.  Use the stud puller,
which it the appropriate tool for installation of studs as well as their
removal, to replace them.

Cheers.