Re: [TR] TR3 jack procedure

To: eoot@citlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 jack procedure
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 08:47:22 EST
In a message dated 1/2/2007 7:42:31 AM Central Standard Time,
eoot@citlink.net writes:
> Thanks to all who responded. I can now approach with confidence. I can rest
> assured then that there is no chance of doing any damage by using the
> differential as a jack point?

I've done this routinely for dozens of years with no adverse effects.  The
one time I thought I had a problem was when the TR8 started leaving a puddle of
oil on the ground in the area of the differential and I thought I had an
issue.  But this turned out to be a bottle of oil leaking in the trunk.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org