Re: [TR] TR3A distributor help needed

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A distributor help needed
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 06:48:57 EST
Thanks.
>Are you saying it indicates zero ohms, or infinite ohms ?
zero ohms
>I don't understand ... the white wire should go to the + terminal on  the
coil,
not the condensor.
Good call.  The flex wire has been replaced with a piece of white wire  that
has been left sufficiently long so as to coil once and absorb the  flex.  It
is in the right place and doing the right thing. it is just not  the flex wire.
>There is also a special wire lead that connects the point plate to  ground,
which
might be open, disconnected or missing entirely.
I have  checked for continuity on this ground and it is OK.

Sadly, I am of the working masses so I can't play with this today.  I  will
check it out tonight and post tomorrow.
Thanks Randall!

===     http://www.vtr.org