RE: [TR] A bunch of questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] A bunch of questions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:35:57 -0700
> It was your comment about seeing black goo in the calipers that set me
> to re-building and emptying everything I could do.

And there is nothing wrong with that at all.  The point I'm trying to make
is, don't let the chore of "having to rebuild everything" keep you from
making the switch to DOT 5.  Certainly the optimum is to do all that work
... but just switching still provides significant benefits, IMO.

Like not eating paint.  I don't recall where it was now, but just a few
years ago I saw a beautiful Triumph, immaculately restored, with glycol
paint damage suffered at the show.  If he had only switched to DOT 5
beforehand, he could have stuffed in some new seals in the parking lot,
washed it down, and been ready for the show on Saturday.  Still got a medal
as I recall, everyone including the judges felt sorry for his/her loss, but
it could have been avoided so easily.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org