Re: four rings on TR3

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: four rings on TR3
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:49:27 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Wallace <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>

In case you wonder why I reference the Ferguson at all, it's because the
piston and liner sets from either TR or Fergie will fit in either
block. The
Fergies had 80 mm, or later, 85 mm pistons. You can still get the 85 mm
sets.

==AM==
 From the useless trivia department...the Standard Ensign also had 80mm
pistons, except for those sold in North America (Canada, primarily),
where they were known as Vanguard Ensigns and had 85mm pistons.

Meanwhile, I've heard tales from "old-timers" that way back when (i.e.,
perhaps before the 86mm piston and liner option was introduced), folks
would use "Fergie" 85mm pistons and liners for the increased
displacement.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org