RE: starter switches and questions

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: starter switches and questions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:19:38 -0800
> <<But the solenoid draws rather more current
> >>

> Anybody have an idea of how much draw??

I've measured it and posted the information, but I don't recall the number
offhand.  It wasn't huge, maybe 2 amps.  But the solenoid is also very
inductive, so there will be a spark when the switch opens.

>  I checked the web site.  # 169-108 IS $ 39.00 List and the page shows
> applications as:

Unfortunately, that's the wrong switch.  169-108 is an ignition switch, but
Paul is looking for a "starter push" switch, Moss P/N 542-000.  The website
shows 542-000 as N/A, and common with Jaguar XK.

> AH 100, 3000 & MGA & Sprite Mk. II-Midget Mk. I AND TR2-4A !!!

Actually, 169-108 doesn't fit TR4/A.  "TR2-4A" is the catalog section where
the switch is listed, but the application is only TR2-3B.

> If someone could check the hole in the dash for size, I can check
> one of the switches in stock.

Sorry, I won't have time tonight.  Maybe tomorrow night.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org