Re: starter switches and questions

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: starter switches and questions
From: "JustBrits_com" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:00:32 -0600
Holy "smoke", Randall<G>!!

<<But the solenoid draws rather more current

Anybody have an idea of how much draw??

The reason I ask is:

<<might have a "push to start" button
that would last longer and might even fit in the stock hole.>>

My Wholesale Moss TR2-4a cat say switch is $$140 List!?!?!?

On a hunch, since the suggestion was for a replacement, I check the Big
Healey Section and that one (same type setup) is only $39.99 List.  On a
further hunch (and I always check "current" -NO pun intended<G>!- pricing, I
checked the web site.  # 169-108 IS $ 39.00 List and the page shows
applications as:

AH 100, 3000 & MGA & Sprite Mk. II-Midget Mk. I AND TR2-4A !!!

If someone could check the hole in the dash for size, I can check one of the
switches in stock.

Happy New Year, all!!

Ed

===     http://www.vtr.org