TR4 Broken Vacuum Line

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Broken Vacuum Line
From: "william.f.daehler" <william.f.daehler@delphi.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:43:29 -0500
I just noticed that my vacuum line is broken.  There must have been some metal
fatigue that set in right at the point where the connector twists into the
bottom of the SU carburetor.  Looks like its been broken for some time,  at
least since June of this year, about 500 miles ago.

My question to the list is what symptoms have I been overlooking? What should I
be feeling?   I checked several things,  I've been grinning from ear to ear
whenever the engine starts on the first twist of the key,  also whenever I can
back out of the garage without knocking over the kids bikes.  I have made some
measurements.  I have had elevated heart rate when pulling out of the driveway
and getting into first gear.  By the time I'm in fourth gear my heart rate is
over 160 beats per minute.  Perspiration breaks out on my forehead, and I take
shallow breaths. Sometimes people yell out "nice car" as I scream past. I've
been driving up and down the lakefront on the North shore of Milwaukee, and so
far have one speeding ticket for $207, still grinning from ear to ear.  When I
pull away from a traffic light sometimes one of the rear tires squeals.  Every
shift is an absolute pleasure.

If the TR4 works this well without vacuum advance,  I'm not sure I should fix
it without knowing first what kind of ramifications I'll have.

Will Daehler
Powder Blue 63 TR4
WISCONSIN

Note:  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.