RE: TR4 Broken Vacuum Line

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Broken Vacuum Line
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:23:21 -0700
> I've been
> grinning from ear to ear whenever the engine starts on the first

"It's like a disease, son."

> If the TR4 works this well without vacuum advance,  I'm not sure
> I should fix it without knowing first what kind of ramifications
> I'll have.

The effect is actually pretty small ... mostly slightly better gas mileage.
Usually when I fix one I also notice better mid-range throttle response (the
engine seems more 'lively' at part throttle), but that might just be my
imagination.  The advance does nothing when starting, idling, or running at
full throttle; so don't expect any difference under these conditions.

Randall