RE: VTR 2005 Event Results / Awards

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: VTR 2005 Event Results / Awards
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 21:03:50 -0700
McGaheyRx@aol.com wrote :

> The "line" for AutoX is VERY clear: "Any wheel may be used provided it is of
stock
> diameter, width ...

Ok, what's the definition of "stock" ?  Stags were supplied with two different
widths of wheels by the factory (as were some of the TRs).  Do I have to run
wheels the same diameter and width as my particular car was originally
manufactured with ?  Or can I run the wheels that were supplied by the factory
on other Stags ?  What if the dealer installed the factory optional wheels on my
car ?  Would that count as "stock" ?

Guess my "closest available reproduction" wheels should have put me in the
modified class ... anyone want to file a protest ?

I'm also still having a hard time with the concept that, as the rules are
written, a potential Concours winning car could be classified as "modified" for
VTR autocross ... Oh well, I still had a lot of fun.

I guess for next year I'll have to either modify the car so I can legitimately
run in stock class; or else be grouped with the guys running Panasports and EFI
for trying to keep my car original.  Decisions, decisions.

Randall

PS, I just noticed that NO Stag is ever eligible for the stock class, which
requires "water pump drive belts shall be present and functional".  Since the
Stag water pump (like the TR7) is not belt driven ... <G>