Gas Tank Renu

To: 6-PACK Webmaster <websixpack@6-pack.org>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas Tank Renu
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:49:29 -0400
I had my TR250 gas tank refurbished here: http://www.loopersc.com/

Glenn Looper is one of the Gas Tank Renu franchise dealers.

They cut a hole in the top to get inside to sand blast it, and then mig welded
it back together.
It's then coated inside and out and baked in an oven. They give a life time
guarantee.

I also had a return fitting added for Rick Patton's TBI injection if I go that
way. Also had a
fitting added at the supply line so I can install a shutoff valve. They tested
the sending unit.

Rick gave me the NAPA part numbers for all the fittings.

It was expensive at $388.00. Base price is $240.00. These tanks have baffles
which complicates
things for them. I hope it was worth it. I guess I heard too many stories on
the list about folks
who had trouble with the do-it-yourself gas tank stuff. But I have to say it
was expensive.

Don Malling