Way OT: 5000 km road trip question #3: Texas

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Way OT: 5000 km road trip question #3: Texas
From: Jim Wallace <jim.wallace@netscape.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:48:30 -0400
Hi folks,
Thanks to several people who have given me very useful tips so far, for
planning the route through the entire US from Detroit to the Mexican border
for our bus convoy. One more question, specifically regarding northern Texas:.

Our proposed route right now through the top of Texas is hwy. 59, from
Teneha, through Houston to Victoria.
I'm thinking to avoid Houston completely by instead going from Tenaha down
59, then across 84 to Palestine, south on 79 to Rockdale, then south on 77
to Victoria. It's 34 miles longer.

Anyone who lives there or travels along there please advise which makes
more sense....
TIA,
Jim
Caravan of Hope 2005