VTR Spitfire bias

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR Spitfire bias
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:53:31 EDT
I just can't stand it anymore - I've got to say it:

HOW FAR WILL THIS HEAVY FAVORITISM FOR SPITFIRES BY THE VINTAGE TRIUMPH
REGISTER GO? DOES THEIR LACK OF RESPECT FOR ALL OTHER MODELS KNOW NO  BOUNDS?

Its rampant right here in my local chapter, the Triumph Club of The
Carolinas - our current President and our 2 immediate past presidents all drive

Spitfires, all 3 of our Vice Presidents and our Membership Chairman have
Spitfires
- in fact, I think every officer in our club, except me (newsletter  editor)
and The Historian all have Spitfires - Spitfires always get the best  spot in
our shows - two thirds of our members who took cars to VTR in Rockford  took
Spitfires.
The Spitfires got a central location in the show at Rockford while the big
TRs got shoved over into another lot - I heard the event Concour Chairman say
he  wouldn't have it any other way on his watch! and then those idiot concour
judge  team captains picked a Spitfire for Best of Show! Just because it
deserved it!
Spitfires have won the George Rabey Preservation Award, Spitfires have
appeared on the cover of the VTR magazine more than any other model !
HOW FAR WILL THIS GO?!
Next thing you know, a Spitfire derivative will be the featured car at a  VTR
National Convention and a black Spitfire from Arizona will probably show up
and win FTD in the Autocross!

I say its time to STOP THIS SPITFIRE FAVORTISM BY VTR and DO SOMETHING  ABOUT
THE LACK OF RESPECT FOR ALL THE OTHER MODELS!

with tongue firmly in cheek,
Jack McGahey
(idiot concour team captain who helped pick a very fine Pageant  Blue 78 Spit
for BOS this year)