RE: First TR3a ride of the season, hmmm...

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "'Terry Smith'" <terryrs@adelphia.net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First TR3a ride of the season, hmmm...
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:22:31 -0400
Speaking of fishing, that reminds me years ago when my son was about 3 or 4,
and my fuel gauge didn't work very well on the 3A, I did the "dipstick"
method of checking the fuel level. Well my son caught wind of that idea, and
doing his best to follow in my footsteps, he would occasionally try his own
way of checking the level in the tank my dropping in (not dipping in) pieces
of oak kindling that I keep in the garage. I could never understand what the
"thumping" was for the longest time until one day while filling up I noticed
a nice, well preserved small hardwood raft floating by...... kidz!

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg, PA
NJTA / NASS #271
1959 TR3A Apple Green