Sealing Oil Leaks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sealing Oil Leaks
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:45:10 EDT
While I have my sump off to replace the gasket with Mr. Wagner's silicone
creation, what are my other options to address potential oil leakers?

Can the front sealing block be removed and the cork gaskets replaced?  If so,
does the interface with the engine front plate require any special handling
or sealants?

What about the felt strips in the rear seal?  Should I pull out the old ones
and reinstall new?  If so, what's the recommended goo in which to soak them?
What's the right technique for stuffing them back in?

Any other tips?

Many thanks!

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A