RE: Syncromesh manual transmission fluid

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Syncromesh manual transmission fluid
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 22:04:34 -0700
> i  was  browsing  at  the local Autozone to day and i  found  a pennzoil
> syrncromesh transmission fluid with the other  gear oils. It
> mentioned  some
> different GM and  chrysler specs that  it  met  did  not  mention
>  the  weight of
> the  oil  itself  but it did say it was safe for yellow metals.
> It was only
> $4.99 per quart. The  Pennzoil part # 3501 this  maybe an easy
> to  aquire oil
> for  trnasmission

Could well be.  Tell you what, rebuild your transmission, fill it up with
this stuff and run it 5 years, then tear it down and check for wear.

Then explain why we should use it instead of $2.50/quart Valvoline Racing
20W50, which BFE has already tested as above and can be had at almost any
auto parts store in the nation.

IMO Pennzoil is the cheapest crap on the market, made by the same people who
brought you Slick-50 and various other snake oils.  I wouldn't use their
products in my lawnmower !  There's a reason you can find their motor oil on
sale for $.49/quart ...

YMMV of course.
Randall