Re: TRF's Expensive Shipping

To: "Mike Himelfarb" <mhimelfarb@shoppersdrugmart.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TRF's Expensive Shipping
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:16:56 -0500
I will have to stick up for TRF here.  The packaging is not TRF's fault, no
other parts supplier would ship it in a bicycle box unless that supplier
likes shipping the same part twice (and doing it right the second time
around).

1)    UPS insurance does not apply if the packaging is found not to meet UPS
standards when an item is damaged.

2)    If UPS doesn't pay, TRF would have to eat the cost and still send
another fender out in the larger package.

Ask TRF to use R&L Carriers, or at least get a competitive freight quote.  A
TR6 fender from Michigan to PA cost me $76 via R&L, and that is quite a
longer ride than PA to NY State.

My fender from Michigan came in an 8ft box as well... and I send all the
fenders I send out in oversized boxes, either via FedEx, ForwardAir or truck
freight.

TRF could do a bit to alleviate the surprise of shipping large body parts if
they put notes in their catalogues on oversize items, like Moss does (Moss
sends TRF fenders via freight carrier and in huge boxes as well).

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics