Re: Ohms Law...

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ohms Law...
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:50:55 -0500
> > I need  some sage advice from the  electrical gurus  on the list.
> > Can two (2)  14 gauge wires, twisted and soldered together, replace
> > one short length  of 8 gauge wire??

Where would you fuse a double, triple, or quadruple run?  ...At the
beginning or end of the run, where they twist together.  But if you did
that, you would be fusing it with a amperage value for the mathmatical sum
of the cross-sections.  ...So, if you lost one or two of the wires for some
reason (i.e. accidentally cut through), you would be operating on a fuse
base that gets comparatively bigger relative to the actual wiring left.
This could get interesting!