RE: Panasport Wheels

To: "David Brady" <dmb993@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Panasport Wheels
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:16:58 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> In addition,
> instead of losing 7% of my top speed, as
> compared to the original 185/80/15 tires,
> I'm now losing 10%. I don't spend much
> time at top speed, but fuel mileage will
> suffer, wear and tear, etc. etc.

Dave, you probably know this, but JIC ... you can get 3.45 gears that will
make up most of what you lose due to the shorter tires.  The 3.45 gears were
original to the TR5, PI TR6, and most of the big Triumph saloons.  A bit
spendy new, but used ones can sometimes be found.  They'll also bring your
speedo reading back closer to right with the short tires.

Randall