RE: MJB Welder fund (no LBC)

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MJB Welder fund (no LBC)
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:27:29 -0800
 Fred Thomas wrote :

> Randall, if I understand you correctly this is a birthday present to MJB
> from the list members and has nothing to do with the "Spring Fund Drive"
> that is to be held at a later date,

That's exactly right, Fred.

The "Spring fund drive" will be for donations to directly support the
Team.Net mail lists (including this one).  What I am proposing is in
addition to that, just something nice for someone that has been very nice to
us.

In both cases, donations are purely voluntary, and donors names will not be
disclosed.

Just in case someone doesn't know what I'm babbling on about ... these mail
lists do not happen "by themselves", there is a real person who has to deal
with setting up machines, installing software, pulling out the bits that get
caught in it's craw, removing bad email addresses, fixing what's broke and
so on.  In theory it's all automagic once it's set up, in practice there is
always some problem occurring and it's more or less a daily job keeping the
lists all running smoothly.  One Mark J Bradakis, proprietor of the Fat
Chance Garage, is that "man behind the curtain" and he does a far better job
than L. Frank Baum ever imagined.

So, as a token of our gratitude, I'm proposing that we buy MJB something
nice for his birthday.  That link again is
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=donations@autox.team.net&amount=10&it
em_name=MJB+welder

or you can snail-mail negotiable instruments to :

Fat Chance Garage
PO Box 58333
Salt Lake City, UT 84158

PS, would someone please forward this to the other major Team.Net lists
(except for shop-talk and british-cars) ?  I'm not on the Spit or 6-pack
lists, or I'd do it myself.

Also, BTW, credit for the idea goes to John Matthews.  I just now realized
that he posted here as well as shop-talk and british-cars ... John I'm not
trying to steal your thunder, just trying to spread the word.

Randall Y
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (back on the road, WooHoo!)
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver wannabe (waiting for OD transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
57 TR3 TS21731L rusting quietly