Re: How do you remove !@#^%$ rear hubs

To: Kentech MotorSports <kentech@midmaine.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How do you remove !@#^%$ rear hubs
From: William Babbitt <wbabbitt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:15:37 -0800 (PST)
Peter,
Can't help you with the hubs.  Other than that you need to be really careful
not to distort the flange.  But as far as the studs go, the rear wheel studs on
my TR4A were press in (and therefore press out).  My TR3 rear hubs had screw in
studs that were "smeared" (for lack of a better term) on the back side of the
hub.  You'll need to CAREFULLY grind (with a small hand grinder) the backside
of the stud, and then use the double nut trick to ease them out.  Be extremely
careful to protect the bearing from grinding debris, just in case you don't end
up removing the hub.
good luck,
Bill

Kentech MotorSports <kentech@midmaine.com> wrote:

1967 TR4A solid axle -

1) How to you remove the blaster rear hubs. I need them off to put
in new studs and change the seals & bearings.
2) What's the best method to remove the studs - grind off the
backs then unscrew with two wheel nuts? One stud hole (at least) is
stripped so I assume a machine can fix it and set a new stud OK. Right?