Whadaya think

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Subject: Whadaya think
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:17:17 -0500
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net> i2JDIP8A025730
Message text written by "T. S. White"
>So I had a brainstorm.  The fuel outlet in my tank has a direct line of
sight with the filler cap.  So I have epoxied a cork to the end of a
dowell rod.  I plan to plug the fuel outlet in the tank from the inside
and then remove the lines and replace them.  Then I will pull the dowell
rod and the cork will unplug from the fuel outlet.
<

Is it a "cork" cork or a rubber stopper?  I would be concerned with a piece
of cork breaking off and then possibly clogging the fuel system.  Otherwise
not a bad idea.  Just make sure no one bumps the stick and dislodges the
stopper releasing the 10 gallons of fuel at an inopportune time.

Dave