RE: TR3A Aftermarket Exhaust Fit

To: "'Terry Smith'" <terryrs@adelphia.net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Aftermarket Exhaust Fit
From: "Glenn Coughenour" <gecoughenour@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:05:19 -0500
"Would there likely be more of a moisture problem from it collecting in
the pipes and sitting for long periods here than for a car driven daily,
and would it be enough to make a difference?"

Yes there would be.  It also depends on how much you drive each day, how
cold, etc.  In the Northeast where I am, if you take short trips with a
carbon steel exhaust they don't last long and SS is worth the
investment.  I think on my wife's Volvo they offered a lifetime
guarantee for the SS system they sold at the dealer and none on the
carbon steel.  Those Swedes are shrewd business people.  You dissolve
some of the carbon dioxide in the condensed water to form carbonic acid.
If you get the system hot, then is evaporates.  A lot of OEM systems are
SS these days to get increased life and reduce owner complaints.

Glenn C
1959 TR3A TS31684L [in total frame up restoration]
1960 TR3A TS64803L [driving, but needs work]