Concorde - nonlbc

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Concorde - nonlbc
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:01:38 -0500
Hi all,

I was just in Europe last week on business and while flying on to Munich we
had to wait on the jetway before taking off, we pulled up beside the
concorde which was parked just off the jetway. My understanding is she is to
be put on display in the new terminal.

While we were sat there my window had perfect vantage to really look at her.
While she will never fly again she still had all the grace of a lady and the
sharp lines of thoughbred racer.  Seeing the lady parked there brought a
tear to my eye, I felt a little better know the scrapman wasn't going to
have her. Unlike another lady of the sky, the Avro Arrow.

I then thought of all the people that contributed to her inception, design
and maintainence. This is my thank you to all of them for giving the world a
lady of the sky and flying art. Thanks to those who found a better home
other than the scrapman crusher.  In the end something I can show my kids
betond just a picture. The TR3a we have is the same way, the kids see the
pictures but until they hear, see, smell and ride in her the experience is
not complete.

Just my thoughts and 2cents
Thanks for the memories

David Templeton