RE: TR3A Aftermarket Exhaust Fit

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Aftermarket Exhaust Fit
From: Easton Family <eastonfamily@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:12:11 -0800
Cc: <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Hi Terry (and TR Listers),

In June of '02, I had problems fitting a mild steel front muffler (silencer)
that I received from The Roadster factory.  I posted a question to the list
about the problem at the time and discovered that others were having trouble
fitting this part. I called the tech line at TRF about it and they offered a
refund. I upgraded to the stainless steel front muffler (also from TRF) but
retained the mild steel rear muffler. This weird combination works great.
It sounds good and fits without a problem but I realize that the system will
be no better than its' weakest link.

I would only recommend against the mild steel front muffler available today
(unless they have improved it) because of poor fit. The stainless steel part
from TRF, on the other hand, fits perfectly and I am very happy with it.

Good luck,
Dave Easton
'59 TR3A