RE: Safety wire

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Safety wire
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:39:04 -0700
> OK, the question - is safety wire something special that can only be
> procured at my local speed shop due to its being some fancy
> alloy, or can I
> go to the local hardware store and just get wire of the appropriate gauge?

It's not all that special, but I would still suggest buying safety wire as
being the easiest way to get the right thing.  Ordinary steel wire from the
hardware store will likely not be ductile enough, meaning it may break in
use.

Got mine from HF.  BTW, it comes in different thicknesses, I think I got
.043".

Randall