RE: Honda vs. Triumph

To: <Shrack04@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Honda vs. Triumph
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:14:17 -0400
Had to chime in here.

I've owned an Accord Coupe, V6, leather, with all the options for the past 2
years, bought it because of their reputation and longevity (and appeal)
Previously commuted in VWs, but they've been getting costly to repair, I
travel a lot and have a long commute.

It's been in the shop at least 8 times for items like a new trans, check
engine light that won't go away, serious oil pan leaks, brake problems,
shift lever on console that won't release, and yes, electric problems.
Roughly 5K in repairs in a little over 2 years. I do a lot of preventitive
maintenance on all the cars.

I've put over 35K on my TR3 (20 years) and have only replaced the generator,
several batteries, exhaust, a dizzy (found the ignition wire set screw I
dropped) and a few other minor fixes. Most of my money went on cosmetic
replacement items, interior trim, rechroming, etc. And I drive it as hard,
if not harder,than the Honda.

Yea, maybe its unusual and I did get an Accord that was built one late
Friday afternoon on December 31st, probably one in 20 million, but from a
cost/fun per mile perspective I'm leaning towards my TR today.

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green (hummz)
80 Spitfire Carmine Red (purrz)
70 BSA 441 Victor Special (thumpz)
01 Honda Accord (in for service Wednesday, shift lever won't move/brake
lights stopped working)