RE:TR Timing - Road Test Results

To: "'pdonnel1@san.rr.com'" <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:TR Timing - Road Test Results
From: "Evans, Mark CVB Info Systems" <Mark.Evans@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:25:53 -0500
John wrote:
>Just finished tuning up the TR4A....
>But, at speed (50-60 MPH - 3000 RPM) when slightly pushing down on the
>accelerator the engine almost feels like it's braking, or like it's not
>getting enough fuel. When you lift off a little the car perks back up and
>runs smoothly. It's a hesitation feeling, almost like you're lifting off
>the accelerator rather than pushing down. If you push further down it takes
>off again. It's kind of annoying and I'd like to fix it.......

John,
I have an identical set up with a very similar problem and haven't found the
answer. I'm beginning to suspect the Pertronix and will swap points back in
soon. I'd be interested to read all responses received.

Also, watch those crimp connections on the Pertronix. I had one break at the
coil about ten days ago ~1.5 miles from home. It broke at the exit from the
crimp into the connector. This pertronix has less than 100 miles. I did a
roadside fix enough to get home - much to the relief of my 10 year old son. I
told him "It's a Triumph - we're not broken down - just delayed". He hasn't
asked for a ride lately...

Also, I have exercised great restraint in not responding to the Beer thread -
lot's of misconceptions out there...

Mark A. Evans
Systems Engineer
Cartersville Brewery Information Systems
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.

TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO
mark.evans@anheuser-busch.com
(770) 606-3054