RE: TR5 on Ebay

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR5 on Ebay
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:30:39 -0700 FILETIME=[B49B2970:01C33F35]
Ok,

I have to chime in here.

Triumphs Only has an incredible stock of used and NOS parts, or at least
they did when I lived in San Josi. Many months of fruitless searching came
to an end for me when I asked Wayne if he could get dash parts for my TR 4,
(he had NOS parts on the shelf). He has tons of other stuff and knows what
it's worth....

Wayne is a relatively honest guy, as long as he knows you....

I had another local shop rebuild my Herald gearbox for ~$500 even though
they could have sold me a used Spitfire unit for less than half that.

I have had no problem buying parts from Wayne, but you really need to go to
his shop and sit down with him for a while if you want a good deal.

I haven't looked at the ebay ad, and won't comment on the authenticity of
said car, but Wayne knows Triumphs. He wouldn't be fooled by a
"reproduction".  I would say he deserves the reputation he has, but at least
you know who you're dealing with. I have refused to buy from him on more
than one occasion, but finally learned how to deal with him and haven't had
a problem since.

One other thing. He organizes an annual charity event where people take
seriously ill kids from Ronald McDonald house for rides in British cars.

You meet all kinds of people in this hobby.
Wayne Bier is definitely one of a kind....

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4