Re: TR5 on Ebay

To: CP25616@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR5 on Ebay
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:28:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/29/03 4:36:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, CP25616@aol.com
writes:

> >).  I thought it a silly faux pas
> >for him to make since a TR engine number never ever matches the
> >commission number.
> >

> This is not correct ---if the car was very lucky then the comm. number
> actually did match the engine number and vice versa. I have proof that
> certainly an
> odd TR6 or two was lucky enough to have this albeit rare combination.

Think again Alan
she said the Commission number ended in "E" - while you might
be able to say that it is remotely possible for the numerical portions
of the engine and commission numbers to "match" , i don't think
you can say any of the commission numbers ever ended in "E".
Putting such a number on a car and getting a title with it as the vin
number (IF that was done) is not just a faux pas, its fraud and probably
a felony.

Cheera
Jack Mc