RE: restoration

To: "'ZoboHerald@aol.com'" <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: restoration
From: john & patricia donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:23:07 -0700 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h5OFPGBd028809
Before I restored my TR4A I had thought of buying a previously restored TR, but
my wife changed my mind when she put it in simple terms ... "you have a TR to
enjoy, have some fun building it, then more fun driving it. If something goes
wrong you'll know exactly the condition it's in."

Made great sense to me. So that's what I did.

But, if I were to do it all over again, I'd take a body class at a local
college, and a welding class. Those were the two areas where I could have saved
a lot money. I'd probably leave the final blocking and painting to the
professionals but all the "underneath" stuff I could have done.

My .002"

John in San Diego