RE: Is there anywhere in the world...?

To: <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Is there anywhere in the world...?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:11:01 -0700
> >I think the only place left is the Moon or Mars! Here in NYS (the land
> >of taxes) they even tax you when you make a deposit in the crapper! Its
> >called a sewer tax!
>
> I'd hate to be responsible for calibrating the meters!   Here in UK we
> pay "water rates", which are effectively the same thing - an annual
> charge for water from the tap, and an annual charge for sewerage.

Both delivering potable water, and disposing of sewage, cost money.  If you
aren't paying for it directly (I pay a water bill every 2 months, which
includes sewage based on water usage and a separate portion for trash
pickup), you're paying for it indirectly.  To me, this falls under TANSTAAFL
(There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch).

Randall