RE: Headlight Choices for TR3A

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Headlight Choices for TR3A
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 01:43:56 -0700
> The Land Rover has a set of IPF H4 headlamps and I think they are the
> best of what is out there.  The cut off for the low beam is very sharp
> so properly set they do not blind oncoming cars even if the wattage is
> a teensy bit high.  Like 145 Watts high beam and 90 watts low beam.

TeriAnn, I'm not familiar with IPF.  Can you tell us a bit more, like what
it stands for or more importantly, where to buy them?  The "no name" H4
lamps I currently have on my TR3A have a lousy cutoff, and I frequently get
blinked (and worse) by other traffic.

OTOH, no one ever blinks twice !!  My high beams will even blind me, if I'm
close to something reflective.

Randall