TR250 TR6 Gunst Clutch T/O bearing

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, jamiep@concentric.net, jsnable@mac.com, tr6@pipeline.com, hottr6@hotmail.com, SHershman@fmsp.com, akelliott@mindspring.com, tr6@kc4sw.com, JRURHH@aol.com, jtarnow@lehman.com, emanteno@attglobal.net, g.dito@worldnet.att.net, dncullig@us.ibm.com, "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Subject: TR250 TR6 Gunst Clutch T/O bearing
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 06:22:53 -0400
Below is the list for the third order of the Gunst Clutch T/O bearing.
If you are no longer interested, please let me know.

Joachim Gunst is back from vacation, and said he will have the bearings
in about two weeks.

The link below explains why you might want a Gunst T/O bearing for your
TR250 or TR6. Earlier Triumphs, TR4 etc, do not need this bearing.

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Clutch/ReliableClutch/ReliableClutch.htm

Joachim also said that B&B clutches with bent fingers should not be used
with this bearing -- the bent fingers will cause the bearing will squeal
as will other bearings.

The USD has fallen with respect to the EUR. One EUR is now $1.17, so
this order will be more expensive than the previous ones. I will let you
know the exact price when Joachim gives me his price.

The bearing kit is typically about 90 EUR. Shipping for one bearing is
$30 and we can get that down to about $5.00 with a group purchase.
Joachim also gives us 5% discount for orders larger than 10. There is
also about $6.00 shipping from me to you after I get the bearings.

If you are interested in joining the group purchase, let me know,

Thanks,

Don Malling

  1. Jamie Palmer jamiep@concentric.net
  2. Jay Snable jsnable@mac.com