Re: ROUGH running with LUCAS INJECTION

To: Glen Johnson <glen@littledevil.com.au>
Subject: Re: ROUGH running with LUCAS INJECTION
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:24:22 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, 2000-register@yahoogroups.com
It doesn't need to push air into the lines. You're assuming the fuel
will stay in the lines because of the downward slope?

What about any injector that's open? Then the fuel runs right out. Or
moisture runs right in. Or.....

Look, the only thing that you know was affected was the fuel system. You
seem to be looking for ways to avoid facing the fact that the Lucas
injection unit has a problem.

I haven't dealt with a Lucas mechanical PI, but I have worked on a VW
mechanical PI, and the Bosch electronics. You run the fuel out, you're
looking for problems. You run the fuel out and leave it, you're begging
for problems.

--
George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph