coolant leak - 80 tr7

To: <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: coolant leak - 80 tr7
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:55:46 -0600
my 80 tr7 has developed a minor coolant leak.  not a large leak but a small
puddle after driving.  it is on the top of the engine somewhere below the
carbs.  the intake manifold seems to be blocking my view.  there appears to be
a housing like the thermostat plus i could see one freeze plug at the rear of
the engine.  that freeze plug is dry.  the leak appears toward the front of
the engine but possibly the middle of the engine.  is this a common problem ?
head gasket ?  freeze plug ?  thanks in advance for any assistance offered.
larry, lstein6@earthlink.net